“My license is suspended for a missed court date for a speeding ticket. Can I get a limited privilege?”

If your license is suspended for either a missed court (Failure to Appear) or not paying a fine (Failure to Comply), you must resolve these issues in order to obtain a license.  Limited privileges are generally available for people whose licenses have been suspended due to a some convictions for Driving While Impaired, a conviction for certain “high speed” cases, and some other limited convictions.

If the suspension is the result of not appearing in court or not paying the the fines, costs, or fees associated with a traffic ticket, that type of suspension is an indefinite suspension, which means that the suspension has not been establish for a certain or designated period of time.

When an indefinite suspension has occurred, you need an experienced Winston-Salem traffic attorney to review your DMV driving record to determine the best route for assisting you with resolving these issues which are causing the suspension.

Therefore, if you want to get your license back or obtain your license for the first time, please call us today at (336) 725-6559 for a free consultation.  Our office is located in downtown Winston-Salem, but in addition to handling traffic tickets in Forsyth County, we also handle North Carolina traffic tickets in the following counties:  Davie, Davidson, Guilford, and Yadkin.